Press releases and advisories
News about the Boston Atheists and MA secularism
Please pardon the omission of more recent news; we are in in the middle of a website content upgrade, scheduled to be completed by the end of January 2018. At that time, a thorough list of press coverage of MA secularism since 2013 will appear in this location.
- 3/30/13: "Pledge that includes 'under God' discriminates" by Zachary Bos (MA State Director for American Atheists, co-chair of SC/MA, and Immediate Past President of the Boston Atheists), a letter to the editors of for the Sentinel and Enterprise (PDF). See also the house editorial column that this letter was written in response to; an article from the same paper concerning the AHA's Pledge lawsuit; a set of responses on the newspaper's website; and the results of this online poll which are overwhelmingly in favor of removing the "under God" clause from the Pledge of Allegiance.
- 12/27/12: "First Amendment grinches steal, vandalize FFRF solstice signs" (FFRF)
- 12/17/12: "Local clergy decry Newtown violence" by Cyrus Moulton for The Daily Item (Lynn)
- 11/2/12, Ellery Schempp (co-chair, SC/MA) and Zachary Bos (MA State Director for American Atheists, and Director of the Boston Atheists), with Dan Rea of
WBZ NewsRadio 1030-AM
- 12/21/11: "Christmas and the Boston Atheists" by Henoch Hong for Dig Boston
- 10/28/09: "New T ads reach out to Hub’s nonbelievers" by David Abel for The Boston Globe
- 3/19/09: "Not-so-sure guys" by Georgiana Cohen for the Boston Phoenix
- 3/9/09: "Study: Fewer Catholics In New England" by Peg Rusconi for WBZ-TV
- 3/19/08: "Organized non-religion" by Marlesse Marino for The Daily Free Press
- 11/21/07: "The Joiner: Boston Atheists" by Rick Sawyer for The Bostonist
- 9/21/07: "Atheism services on the rise at colleges" by Divya Bahl for The Daily Free Press
- 9/16/07: "The Nonbelievers" by David Abel for The Boston Globe
- 3/7/07: "Harvard cans requiring religion classes" by Shari Rabin for The Daily Free Press
- 12/18/05: "Atheists love Christmas, too" by Heather Eng for the Boston Herald
- 1/20/05: "God, no" by Jack Thomas for The Boston Globe
If you are a member of the press, you may also wish to contact the Boston Atheists leadership for further comments or interviews.